Tuesday, April 24, 2012

song 5 "lullaby"


Today I had my song idea playing in my head as soon as I got in my car to drive to work. It's a song that I think will sound great with some drums. Unfortunately, I couldn't get anyone to drum today, so I decided to save that idea for later. So, I took some words that Denise wrote and completed it with guitar and melody. It was poorly executed. Finally, Denise gave me some perspective by showing me an Adam Sandler song played on a uke. I then quickly wrote this little gem. Feeling sleepy.
you're so tired
you need some rest
take off your shoes
and get undressed
climb into bed
pull up the covers
lay down your head
and go to sleep 

3 comments:

  1. That is a gem! It feels unfinished though, like an explosion of drums, bass, keys, and howling vocals are just around the corner of the chorus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of keys, I have one myself, but I want more. That's where you come in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like someone in a movie...The Wedding Singer! "No, sir, I have no experience but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in." (I had to look that up)

      Delete