Saturday, April 28, 2012

song 8 "catch and release"


Alright, written yesterday (barely, the rain and cold made it hard to play) Sam  and Maren Meacham made it work. Sam wrote some sweet lyrics and of course Maren worked out a vocal line. Played on the beach next to the giant fire :) Tried to get it posted last night, but couldn't work out logging onto Blogger to get it posted. We didn't catch any fish :(
I caught a fish the other day
I asked him
how'd you get so unlucky?
and to my great surprise
he said it's always been this way
I said
I've never met a fish who talks
how unlucky can you be?
I mean that's got to be worth something
he told me

sound travels better in the water
I can't really say much
without everyone listening
it's harder than you think
not having any secrets

he saw my hook glistening
and he thought he was lucky
to have found something shiny
but now it's cut through his cheek
this isn't catch and release
my family's got to eat
this isn't catch and release
I was playing for keeps

No comments:

Post a Comment