Monday, May 7, 2012

song 18 "don't act your age"

 This one was inspired by my bike ride yesterday. I was watching these kids from age 10-15 going down all the same hills and jumps as I was, and I thought "these kids are too young to be doing this!" Then I remembered that at that age, I was propping boards up onto trash cans so I could do jumps with my bike, and going off ramps and riding in pools on my skateboard. I think the biggest difference was the nice bikes and protective gear that their parents bought for them. I don't have a growing old complex...not really.


it's always been this way
we get on and on in age every day
we look back on the last year
and say
I didn't look at things back then
quite that way

I feel the same as I did then
until I look back again
I see what kids are doing now
and I wouldn't even know how

we see kids and what they do
they're too young
then we reflect on ourselves at that age
and what we'd done
we realize it's pretty much the same
it's just a bigger better town
with different games

No comments:

Post a Comment